Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The runner that solved the maze


Sorry for the late Review Monday! Was busy yesterday, but oh well. Better late than never. (:
Finally, the first Review Monday that is NOT related to a show. Today I'm gonna do a book review, or what we all know as Book Talk, about "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. It is a trilogy (book with three parts). I've only read the first part, but I enjoyed it and definitely WILL get the next book once it is released. One of my favourite books is "The Hunger Games", which is also a trilogy. I will share this book will everyone in the next possible Review Monday (or just leave it as Friday Book Talk).

Right, back to this book. The synopsis: A guy suddenly finds himself in a lift and transported to another world. The people there work to survive. For two years, they have been sending people into the dangerous maze to find the way out. They believe that the only way to escape this place is through the maze. However, when the first girl arrives in the island and promises no more, they experience a cut in food supply and this confirms that the way out is now crucial for survival. Will they be able to escape and go back to the real world? Read it to find out!

There is a twist at the end of the story. I will not reveal it here; I will leave it to you to find out. This is an interesting adventure story, where lives are controlled by the children/teenagers themselves. I would encourage this to everyone who loves adventure stories. If you liked "The Hunger Games", you will surely like this one.

Rating: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the book, I myself already enjoyed your review. Almost made me wanted to go to the library but some other time perhaps.

    I liked the way you hinted a twist in the tale to us. That I guess is the way to tempt people to read the book.

    Cheers!
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your review of my review of the story, Kevin! This post is mostly on the storyline; I did a review of The Maze Runner on my electronic bookself some time ago and here's the extract:
    "Just finished this book this morning and felt it was a good read. Adventure fiction is my favourite category, and this just falls right in it. You could imagine yourself in the Glade and feel as if you were really one of them. And how they felt after escaping the experiment of WICKED and emerging as victors of the brave survivors. Victory. A touch of sarcasm and a tear of friendship = Wicked awesome."

    (Why is everyone using "Cheers!" as well? :D)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete