Sunday, May 23, 2010

A solemn event


Yesterday we attended a funeral to pay our last respects to the dead.
The adults were silent as they walked around the coffin.

It was grave and solemn.
My cousins and I were there.
We were playing around, not serious at all.

The one who passed away was not directly related to us.
In fact, we never met her before.
She was my cousin's grandmother.
And we were not able to feel like the adults do.

Then I saw, sitting at the corner, my cousin.
She sat there quietly.

The one was passed away was not directly related to her.
In fact, she never met her before.
She was her cousin's grandmother.
And she was able to feel like the adults do.

My cousin, who is 7 years old this year, is more mature than her older cousins.

(Special thanks to iStockphoto.com for the picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment