Monday, May 3, 2010

A great cinematic experience

Cinemas are big black boxes and movies fill them with colour, thrill and excitement up to a whole new level, bringing them to life. It has been a few months since I've stepped into one and a few weeks back I walked in with great curiosity.

Darkness enveloped me as I entered with a box of popcorn in one hand and a drink in another. Golden Village cinemas have smaller rooms, so I found my seat in a swift and settled down as the advertisements play and replay on the screen. The room quickly filled up and within minutes, the show was on air. I grabbed a handful of popcorn and leaned back to let myself immerse in the world of dragons.



I was relieved that everyone had proper movie decorum. Or rather, everyone was greatly engrossed in the show. It was a good animation - it had a well developed plot, nicely done animation and a variety of completely different dragons. Creativity contributes to its success. I really enjoyed the film, every second of it. It's amazing how a little boy can change the perspective of humans... and dragons. From a world of humans vs dragons, Nightfury and Hiccup will change it into a world of humans and dragons. No one believed him at first. But he persevered and he succeeded. A great conclusion, a great ending. Watching it without 3D was amazing. I wonder how it'll be like if it was in 3D. A watch that will never bring boredom no matter how many times you watch it. It'll even make you want more.

As the credits roll, I crushed the empty paper bag into a ball and disposed it off, together with the cup which was filled with 7-up, now empty. I walked out with a satisfied grin and a tear, now dried up, left over from the climax scene.

What a great cinematic experience I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment