Sunday, March 21, 2010

Save the Earth

Do your part to save the Earth! Come on, it'll only take one hour. The World Wildlife Fund provides a chance for all to do your part to save the Earth with the yearly initiative: "Earth Hour".

This Saturday, 27 March 2010, is when Earth Hour will take place. From 8.30pm to 9.30pm, majority of the lights will be put out and here, you can do your part by switching off all the lights to show your support. During this time, millions of families around the world are participating too!

To show their support for Earth Hour, Fish & Co. is offering $1 Fish & Chips (usual price: $13.90++) if you watch their Earth Day Rap video and send it to 10 friends! For more information, visit this page.

Lots of electricity is consumed throughout the year. If this huge amount of consumption goes on, the Earth would soon run out of natural resources. Take this chance to help the Earth. Is one hour too much to ask? I know I'll support this event as it is very meaningful. In fact, this one hour's effect will not be much. We should keep this in mind throughout the year and determine in order to save the Earth. The Earth's ours.

For more information, visit the official Earth Hour website here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is quite an insight. I usually just turn off the lights if I take part. Actually, earth hour is not just about conserving electricity in an hour, but rather a symbol in teaching everyone that maybe we should do our part in saving our planet earth.

    You know what? I am compelled to take part in this year's earth hour.

    A little side note: Maybe you can tell us your view and reflection to this topic.

    P.S. My post on Song Monday: Owl City Fireflies is up! Start commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember last year's Earth hour. (: My family and I decided to go out instead of staying at home. Before I left home, I looked out of the window to see if neighbours from the block opposite were doing the same thing. I was disappointed to see that only a few people had bothered to switch off their lights.

    I try my best to save electricity at home when possible. It is saddening that so many people around the world do not realise that our Earth is already in a bad state, and will worsen even more if we do not do our part to protect it.

    I definitely will support this event too.

    Mattheus

    ReplyDelete